Jun 15, 2010

Internet media has gotten it's first leaves -- WEBM

At this time of year a lot of us farmers are looking at our land and seeing if the Cotyledon leaves are what we envisioned 3 weeks ago. Beans to me are the most interesting because their seed shell rises above the ground almost like saying
"I am the best, I am the tallest, I get the most sun."
This epigeal phenomena is happing with the Internet. Ogg and other Open Source formats have been under ground developing their cotyledon leaves and now they are ready to say I am better than proprietary formats. Sure it took till 2010, but now Firefox, Opera and Chrome are all supporting webm Sure harvest is still a year or 2 away, but the leaves that will stem from this will be a great harvest. I am already telling all my clients, "Make sure your website is HTML5"

No comments:

Post a Comment